- THanks to generous donations from the UCW and the Cookbook Committee we have raised all we need for the eave troughs! Hopefully they will be installed this fall.
- We plan to have the chancel railing installed this fall as well.
- Another high priority for property is to get the grading around the manse fixed.
- As of the end of July we have a deficit of about $10 700. This is a little bit better than last year at the same time. We will be forming a Stewardship Committee to talk about financial planning and options. It is hoped that this committee will report to the Annual Meeting in 2009.
- The church kitchen plumbing will be fixed soon. Hopefully next week.
- The UCW has had to postpone or cancel the Fall Supper due to the drainage problems in the kitchen. But pies will happen in mid to late October.
- On October 25 there will be an Education Day held at Knox United Chuch in Fort Frances. Contact Gord for more information.
- Gord will be chairing the meeting of Cambrian Presbytery next week. He will also be participating in Covenanting services at Pinegrove-Broadway in Thunder Bay and Knox in Fort Frances over the next couple of weeks.
- Sunday October 19 marks the 55th Anniversary of Riverview's organization. A pot-luck lunch will be held after worship that day.
September 19, 2008
Board MEeting Notes
The church board met last night. In the expanded post are some notes from that meeting: